Sunday, January 14, 2018

Drunk in Wisconsin again

I originally wrote this song back in March of 2017 but we're still working the bugs out in January of 2018.  There is a lot of creative input from the other musicians and eventually you end up with a better stronger song. Plus when you work with other songwriters, only rehearse once a week and have gigs- things take a while.

Here is the current version. This is inspired by Brian Handeland who, when asked how he spent his weekend, responded with "I was drunk in Wisconsin." :)

Drunk in Wisconsin Datta 3/3/2017
Intro: C G F
C G Dm F
1. Been gone for 3 weeks ---seems like ten- didn't say goodbye .
A home, a place, where I belong- Might be a lie.
G F C G
And I've been to Mount Horeb—land of trolls – and a couple of bars
Played every song we knew- were paid in beer- then couldn't find our cars.

Am C
x So don't try to call me – got a gig in Milwaukee-
G F Am C
Playing 9-1 then drinking with our new friends relive past glories
G F C GF C GF
having so much fun drunk in Wisconsin again. And again
RIF Dm C G
2 The life of a musician---- is glamorous- can't remember why
Sometimes I try so hard ----- I no longer have to try.
Taking turns driving and reading every book we brought- together we're alone
Just left Eau Claire- and we're lost again- and I lost my phone.
CHORUS
RIF Dm C G

3. It's been 4 weeks now—-on the road- but hey, we're still alive
and I've written four new songs ---because they won't let me drive.
Hope my sister feeds my cat I shipped it to her on a bus.
Who ever said you can't make a living playing music on the road never met us

CHORUS CHORDS:
We'll survive ourselves and we'll survive each other- and think it all was grand
Won't be a household name- but what the heck. We're in a working band.
Chorus:
So Don't try to call me- got a gig in Milwaukee-
playing 9-1 then drinking with our new friends relive past glories- having so much fun
F C G F C G F C
Drunk in Wisconsin- again. And again and again

RIF Dm C G




No comments:

Post a Comment