Saturday, February 6, 2016

Side view Mirror

This song started out with Mike saying "It all looks clearer in the rear view mirror."  It sounded like a great starting place for a song. Turns out that Pearl Jam already has a song "Rear View Mirror." Well, that didn't stop me. The idea is still good and I just switched mirrors :)  Here are the lyrics:

Side View Mirror                                                   Datta 1/18/2016

C (A)
  1. In 1974 I thought it would be smart
    F (D) C (A)
    to forget about college-- and be a country music star
    It made my folks real mad so I told them I didn't need them
    F (D) C (A)
    and now I spend my days repairing--- parking meters.     Gm (Em) F (D) C (A)
  2. On my way to stardom I met a well spoken biker
    Gm (Em) F (D) C (A)
    He was easy on the eyes-better looking than that hitchhiker
    C (A)
    Now he's my big mistake and wonders how he got here.
    F (D) C (A)
    But I'm five miles down the road
    Gm (Em) C (A)
    Moving 90 miles an hour
    F (D) C (A) Gm (Em) F (D)
    and it's all looking better and better to me right here   
C (A)
in the side view mirror

SOLO OVER C/F/C C/F/C CHORDS

  1. Then I discovered meth and thought I might be a drug dealer
    You make more per hour than fixing parking meters
    But when you're cuffed and stuffed then killing time in jail
    Everything looks clearer when you're trying to make bail
  2. Now five years later I'm out hanging with my friends
    The biker up and left but he's the gift that never ends
    No more selling meth - now he's running guns

Chorus; I'm 5 miles down the road

Moving 90 miles an hour

    and it's all looking better and better to me right here
    in the side view mirror
    (repeat/ solo(s) over chorus chords/ repeat chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment